I wrote this tutorial with the beginner PSP'er in mind.. more sample pics..basic instructions..That way everyone should be able to do it.
The finished tag will be larger than the sample above..
You can click on the sample images to enlarge them so you can read them.
The supplies zip includes 4 flowers, 2 bows, 1 staple and 6 bkg papers.
plus the 3 girl graphics ©Lola Art...it is free to use.. you can find her wonderful artwork here: www.lolaart.net
1 PSP brush **put the brush in your my psp files/brush folder**
I used PSP 9 for this tutorial, you could use other versions.. with a few minor adjustments.
1. Open your SWT-Purple 1 and SWT-Purple 2 bkg tiles. Go to Filters Unlimited 2 to Edges, Square. you can use any edge you want.. but I used #17. Use same edge on each of the bkg tiles.
They should look like this
2. Open a new image 500 x 500 you can crop and resize later if you'd like.
3. Copy and paste these two bkg papers on to your new image.
On the SWT-Purple 2 bkg ... go to Image/Rotate/ Free Rotate , Left/ Free 15%
4. Arrange your bkgs like I have in the finished tag.
5. Copy and paste the pink bkg tile on your working canvas.. no edging is applied to it. Go to Image/ Rotate/Free Rotate and use the settings below.
You 3 bkgs should look about like this below..
6. Apply a 3D drop shadow on the two bkgs that have the edging to them NOT the top pink bkg.
7. Copy and paste the Lola girl tube that's misted.. Center it in the middle of the pink top bkg.
** we're not wanting to put color on the pink bkg tile.. we're wanting to erase it in the shape of the brush** now find the @DanasDoodle4 brush, in your drop down eraser brush menu.
8. Use the eraser brush on all 4 corners of the pink bkg paper.. just clicking ONCE.. on each corner.. On the top and bottom corners you don't have to adjust the rotation of the brush. But on each side.. you will have to set the rotation of the brush to 90 degrees.
Position your brush like the sample below where the petals of the flower brush is as shown.
9. Now apply a 3D drop shadow to that paper. Use these settings.
10. Your paper should look like this...
Like a hole puncher was used on it..... we just did that to this bkg paper :-)
11. On the two small Lola pictures that were in the zip... copy and paste as new layers.. and drag their layer under the pink paper layer. Position them as the sample shows.. the one on the bottom was rotated around 18%. Any other things that you want to add, you can at this time.. in my finished tag.. I have the flowers and a bow.. The Bow and the misted girl would be merged together... and anything that's below the pink paper would be merged.. you end up with only 3 layers. ok?
12. ok , think of a sandwich :) everything on top of the pink bkg paper is bread.. and everything below it is bread.. the Pink paper is meat.. your layer palette should look like this. Hey its the only analogy I could think of :)
13. Select the pink paper layer that's in the center and duplicate 2 times.. so you end up with 3 layers of the pink bkg papers, with a merged layer on top and a merged layer on bottom.
14. Click on the top copy layer of the pink bkg tile, use Xenofex 2 Constellation with these settings on it.. Hide that layer now by clicking the EYE at the right of its layer. and select the next copy of the pink bkg tile. Back to Xenofex 2 and use same settings except this time click the random seed button... Hide this layer now.. and select the original pink bkg tile layer on the layer palette and go back to Xenofex 2 and use same settings.. clicking the random seed button.
15. You have 2 layers on the layer palette hidden or X'd out.. or SHOULD.. go to the top of the window of the canvas and right click COPY MERGE... open your animation shop and right click on its desktop and PASTE AS NEW ANIMATION. Go back to PSP and HIDE the Xenofex 2 layer that's showing.. and UNHIDE one of the other pink paper layers.... COPY MERGE (again).. back to Animation Shop and Right click on the frame there.. and paste behind current frame.. Back to PSP and hide that Xenofex 2 layer and unhide the last one... remember just have ONE Xenofex 2 layer un hid at a time, do your COPY MERGE again back to Animation shop and PASTE behind current frame...
Check your animation to see if it looks right with the animation preview button.
You might need to crop your animation now..Don't export to PSP and crop it there... but while it is in Animation Shop ) (AS) Be careful that you don't crop off any of the designs on the top, sides or bottom my mistake. Below shows the crop button.. then draw out your crop box like shown then click the crop button.. your done!! All you have to do is SAVE AS a gif...